This unique, 14-color letterpress print is based on one of my magic 8 ball weavings, but is its own piece of fiber art. Each print has passed through the printer's hands and letterpress 44 times, mirroring the repetitive, rhythmic nature of weaving itself. It combines blind deboss printed tapestry texture with the cotton fiber of Somerset textured 300 gsm softwhite paper.
The "what do we know about love?" print is based on a weaving made by asking questions about love to a magic 8 ball that reflect how people have interpreted love throughout time and across cultures. Examples of some interpretations include:
* “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” - Charles Dickens
* “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” - Joan Crawford
* “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi
* “Love is an endless act of forgiveness” - Beyonce
The multi-colored pattern reflects the magic 8 ball's take on our interpretations. This print is the first of a series of prints made with Britt Madden at Halcyon Letterpress (who has the patience of a saint). The "what do we know about love" print is the first of seven that can be enjoyed on its own or collected as part of a set as they are made available.
Print Size - 16" x 24" (includes 2" border)
signed, open edition
includes explanation of "love" inputs for the weaving pattern
Please allow up to 7 days for your order to ship.
* Orders within the U.S. will be sent via Fedex Ground and will include tracking and $100 insurance.
* At this time international orders are unavailable
Ships in a sturdy mailing tube. Unfortunately returns/exchanges are not accepted and I cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen goods.
Thank you for supporting the crafts of weaving and letterpress with your purchase. It is greatly appreciated.
top of page
Excluding Sales Tax
bottom of page